Updated as of the 11:59 am, 27th of October 2020
As a group, we have a duty of care – to communicate business practices, regarding COVID-19, to employees and customers. As of Friday the 13th of March we’ve put together a group-wide policy to put in practical safeguards for everyone visiting and working at our stores.
As a community, we stand united in the need to be sensible and responsible for how our individual actions may impact the lives of people who are more vulnerable to the virus. We ask that all customers take the time to read our policy guidelines and support your community by adopting behaviours to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Our Operating Capacity
In accordance with COVID policy requirements, our stores are now open to the general public, we will still offer delivery and click and collect services. The stores will continue to fulfil online orders for either pickup (click and collect) or delivery.
Customers Are Asked to Log their Visits
All stores will ask customers entering the premises to log their visit. The link to our digital log is https://diacos.com.au/entry . An A4 poster will be provided to each store and it needs to be printed and posted at the entrance. Trade customers will need to use their own devices for registration so that this process can happen in a contact-free method. This entry log will not be used for marketing purposes. A copy of the log will be stored digitally, and each log will be sent to you.
We are issuing work permits
Stage 4 – Work permits will be issued to all employees in Melbourne Metro. The Permitted Worker Permit template is attached to the accompanying email of this policy. All store managers are required by law to provide each staff member with a permit.
We are staying informed
We are monitoring the status on a daily basis, we are referring to trusted sites, like the WHO website and the Department of Health website, or Victoria Health and Human Services site. We have also familiarised ourselves with Worksafe Victoria’s legal guidance materials relating to coronavirus in workplaces.
We are talking to our team
We know that employees may be anxious about the risk to their health. We have addressed their fears with regular, informed updates. Under WHS/OHS legislation requirements we have provided information to employees about health and safety in the workplace. We have provided employees with the right advice on good hygiene practices for work and home.
- Promoted respect and understanding
- Allowed employees to ask questions and share their concerns
We have made sure that we do not
- Create a culture of fear and discrimination
- Share information that is unproven
We have outlined our health and safety standards
High personal hygiene standards are vital to protect against the spread of infection. We recommend you practice good hygiene to protect against infections.
Good hygiene Includes –
- Wash hands often with soap and running water, for at least 20 seconds. Dry with a paper towel or hand dryer.
- Try not to touch your eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. If you don’t have a tissue cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve or elbow.
- Isolate yourself at home if you feel sick. If you take medication to ensure you have adequate supplies.
- Phone your GP first if you need medical attention. They will tell you what to do.
- Continue healthy habits: exercise, drink water, get plenty of sleep, and now is the time to quit smoking. Call Quitline 137 848.
- The wearing of face masks/coverings are now mandatory as regulated by the Victorian government
- Buy an alcohol-based hand sanitiser with over 60 percent alcohol
- Please avoid shaking hands
Additional measures -implemented by stores
- All cashier staff are advised to wear rubber gloves and all nursery staff are advised to garden wear gloves
- Requirement- Providing hand sanitizer for staff and customers – subject to availability
- Please maintain acceptable levels of social distancing – this is about 1.5m away from one another and customers
- Please clean the POS area frequently with an appropriate cleaning product
- All staff must inform us immediately if they are experiencing symptoms and or have a family member who has been experiencing symptoms – you are advised to stay at home.
- Please print out this guide and have it pinned up in common areas – kitchen and POS area.
- Ask each employee to sign a policy acknowledgment document
We are open and offering online orders/delivery
Stage 4 – As of Wednesday the 5th of August, 2020 our stores in Melbourne Metro will be open to trade customers only and open to fulfill pick up and delivery orders. If you would like to purchase garden supplies or plants you can use our online store. If a product isn’t available online – feel free to contact your local store. diacos.com.au/locations. For elderly and high-risk individuals, we are happy to take phone orders and process payments online.
Geelong is open to the general public and operating hours will be found on the store page https://diacos.com.au/location/garden-centre-geelong/
For Our Managers, we have encouraged them to
Ask employees to notify us immediately if they:
- have traveled to an affected area since the beginning of 2020; and/or
- are suffering, or have suffered, flu-like symptoms since the virus was first detected.
If they have answered yes to either of these questions, we have directed them not to attend work during the risk period and ask them to seek medical advice and clearance before returning to work.
We are sharing our requirements with customers
Display information material of your requirements in your reception area, email footers, website, and/or social media. This indicates to all visitors your expectations about what they should do while in your workplace.
What about Domestic and International travel
Employers should consider whether any scheduled business travel is necessary for the current environment. If possible, choose alternative communication options.
This information has been compiled from a number of trusted sources, however, if you have any questions relating to novel coronavirus, contact the Coronavirus Health Information Line, which operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Tel: 1800 020 080
Our policy is subject to change – we are holding weekly meetings and we will update you with any policy changes. Thank you for taking the time to read. Stay safe, help others, and keep calm.
On behalf of the Diaco’s Family,